Monday, June 23, 2008

Rowdy.....Recover....Rally....

The weekend was quite the experience... I made it here to work on this fine Monday morning so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Friday was a blast. We rolled down to Sam's house for a little celebratory BBQ. Sam sold his house, finished school and is on to the next chapter in his life. I am really excited for him. He has some pretty exciting things lined up for himself and I know he will make the best of what comes his way. Andy and Az are getting ever so close to beginning their little journey and climbing trip. Joe celebrated his birthday. The entire crew was there. Better yet, Jess even came and put up with our flagrant spraying of climbing for the evening. I ended up getting pretty fired up and had a lot of fun. I got Brenna all ready to go do a climb in the alpine. I think that we are going to go do Sepentine in mid July. Oh, my mouth got me in trouble. We will have fun and we will get it done, probably get scared as well. Then, there was a direct correlation between the amount of cocktails I consumed and the fun factor. It got pretty out of control to say the least. Thank goodness that John drug my booty home.
Saturday, oh Saturday....
As anyone who saw Friday knew, I was a hurting unit on Saturday. I didn't get out of bed. Bad news. I don't need to do this again for a really long time.

Sunday! Grand Expectations...
Bryan, Joe, John and myself got up early and went to Squamish. We knew we were rolling the dice with weather, but we live in the Northwest, it is what we do best -- guess at the weather. We got to Squamish early, it had rained that morning and things were still damp and it was still drizzling. Our intent was to do the Grand Wall. We were all pretty stoked to fire the thing off. We were shut down by the weather and settled for bouldering in the woods until the sun came out and dried up the Bluffs. I had a great time bouldering, feeling like I could move along on some problems. Sometimes I just need to adjust my paradigm and find a way that I can work a problem. Once the sun started to poke through the trees, we made a move to the Smoke Bluffs, high tailing it to the Penny Lane area. John, being bold as he is, led Partners in Crime, Climb and Punishment, Power Windows and rounded out the afternoon with Up Up and Away. They were all a blast. The sun was shining and we were really casual but got some harder climbing in. I felt increadable climbing. I didn't relize it until I was all tangled up in the climbs that it has been a long time since I climbed some cracks. It is just a total differnt ball game than sport climbing and slab climbing. Wow, I love climbing cracks. There is really just nothing like it. All in all - it was a great day even though we didn't get on the Grand. We just have something to look forward to in the next couple of weeks.

This morning I awoke with renewed energy. The sun comes up so early this time of year. I walked outside and was totally inspired. My front porch was bursting with color from all the flowers. I love them! I ended up scooting out of the house a bit early and biking the long way to work. It was a great way to start the day and week for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....