Monday, October 06, 2008

Everything in moderation....


Sometimes I forget that it is possible to get too much of a good thing....

Today, I ended up at the doctors office with a bit of a reaction to brewer's yeast. The story goes... I picked some brewer's yeast up at the store a week ago, thinking it would be a good supplement to my diet since I have been tending to eat less meat. I usually have it on some hot cereal in the mornings. I have been noticing some skin irritation in the past week, but I thought it was due to the change in seasons... Well, this morning a had a couple heaping tablespoons on my cereal, over the next hour, my skin started to get tight, burn and turn red (like a sun burn). I was noticing that it was spreading down my neck, across my arms, legs.... Yikes! A co-worker drove me to the nearest walk-in clinic and after checking in, sitting in the waiting room, ( NOTE! do not go to the walk-in clinic if you have anything that is worse than a sore throat! You will probably keel over in the waiting room and they will not even notice!) the doctor saw me, said I was okay and told me to experiment with reactions to brewer's yeast at home with the supervision of my husband. Sound medical advice!

Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....