Monday, January 26, 2009

25 things

This came to me via my lovely sister in law Corrie. I fell in love reading hers and was excited to fill out mine. If you feel so compelled to fill one out yourself, please tag me with it. I would love to read!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.


1. I am capable of anything!

2. I have chosen to spend the rest of my days with a wonderful man. His patience is unbelievable. His faith in me brings tears to my eyes. He is one of a kind, a dream come true. John has a sense of humor that will keep you on your toes while doubled over laughing and wondering if really just said that, he has the ability to do anything, he has the highest degree of problem solving abilities, dependable, brutally honest, I could go on and on…. John is a great inspiration.

3. I ride the rollercoaster of life. I have good days and bad days. Good hours and bad hours. I am seeking balance between the two. This is the toughest obstacle I have ever faced and attempted to overcome.

4. I have been blessed by sharing my dog Natasha. She has been with John from the start and has blessed my life since the day I met John. Her and I have a very special relationship. She has taught me things about myself that I don’t think I would have ever figured out. She loves me unconditionally and is ALWAYS excited when I get home. I have taken her on some pretty epic runs and she is the only one willing to do it and excited when we go.

5. I love anything physical. I love to get outside and play. I am game for anything and all the time.

6. I have resided in the “city of subdues excitement” all my life and it shows. I am not a fast person; I do most things rather leisurely. If I were a dog I would be a big one that moves slow and has no real sense of urgency.

7. I love art. I love to look at it and create it. I especially love mixed media and photography. I enjoy wood working and furniture as well as my cousin Audra (age 11) beautiful watercolor pieces. I love to see how creative and imaginative people can be. I would love to spend the days as I grow old in a big room with lots of natural light creating things of all sorts.

8. I love to eat fresh/whole foods. I enjoy anything right out of the garden, eating salads at every meal as well as good Washington apples and berries. People say I eat like a rabbit, I think I eat like a horse.

9. I like used clothes exponentially more than new ones. 99% of my wardrobe is second hand.

10. I am very open to new things. Last week I met with a Kinesiolist as well as acupuncturist.

11. I love to garden. I love to be surrounded by flowers, flowers billowing everywhere. I love to create a bountiful harvest as well. I see myself as a woman with a yard that is wild and taming with flowers and produce. I would love to be able to have flowers and an armload of produce to give to everyone that visited.

12. I love to bake and have a fondness for cooking. I would rather make a perfect batch of cookies than to make dinner, but I find pleasure in both. In a different life I would love to come in my next life and have a beautiful little bakery (this would require me to learn to make bread, which is so wonderful!!!).

13. I love the smell of fresh cut grass, the early morning, the mountain air, coffee, chai tea….

14. I can run forever. I enjoy long, long runs in the woods. I love to run in the Chuckanuts any time of the year. My favorite place is Raptor Ridge.

15. I can dance the night away, but I often lack any rhythm.

16. The most influential people in my life have been my Grandmas. One has taught me that sometimes the simplest gestures, saying I love you, calling and checking in, sending mail, are the things can brighten people’s life. My other Grandma will always live in a big warm place in my heart. She taught me so many things, how to cook, knit, bullshit for hours at the kitchen table, to drink coffee, to eat your dessert, to garden, to host, to milk cows, to feed the cows, to drive, to sew, to be a packrat, to always have an area for treats, to freeze leftovers, to stick it out through the hard times, to just sit in the garden, showed me how to treat pets like royalty, how not to be afraid to die, to tell stories of one’s life, and to know that it is not so bad.

17. I love bikes. I love commuting by bike, mountain biking, pictures of bikes, seeing bikes in use by other, stories of bikes, listening to other people talk about bikes, downhill biking, maybe even someday road biking.

18. I am going to run a 50 mile race someday.

19. I love to write (on my blog) but I am not too fond of spelling or grammar.

20. I am an introvert. I can be bubbly but I am often very content by myself being quiet.

21. I love to be in the forest. I feel at peace in the deep woods. Earth is my element.

22. I have slept on a climbing rope and my feet in a backpack to keep warm.

23. I am not afraid to cry.

24. I am a morning person, I like to get up at 5am and slowly wake up. I don’t like rushing in the morning. There is nothing like a new fresh beginning, morning dew, the sunrise and peace. I am tired and incoherent in the evenings.

25. I love to travel. I want to visit all the 50 states, travel Europe, Central and South America, I would actually go anywhere. I am going to continue the pursuit, where ever life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....