Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Wire


I am not that big of fan of spending too much time in front of the television. My days are busy and I like it that way. On the other hand John and I have the "three pack" from Netflix and end up watching a considerable amount of movies. I will be the first to admit that I I often have a short attention span for movies and most TV shows, but I can get into documentaries.
This is all until I discovered THE WIRE.
I learned about it at the end of 2008 when everyone was creating the must watch movies and shows. The Wire was on every one's list. We watched the first episode and were hooked. It is all that we have watched in the last two months. It is like nothing I have ever watched and would be amazed if anything could come close to it. It is a "cop" drama, based in Baltimore and challenges the common romanticism that is often portrayed in media.
It is a great series to watch as the winter winds down. Make sure you clear your schedule, as much as one tries to resist, the storyline will suck you in.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....