Friday, April 27, 2012

Red Velvet Birthday Cupcakes

I had a cakery orders this week, including three dozen red velvet cup cakes. The cake recipe was from the Flour cookbook and was a winner sporting a hefty slug of buttermilk. The butter cream is my new go to recipe for all my cakes. It is a keeper as well.


I am just smitten that I have filled each order using home made fondant. Believe it or not the stuff is rather tasty compared to the gross store bought variety. I feel good about the product that goes out the door.

I always use organic cane sugar and organic eggs for the cake and they are ALWAYS from scratch.



 Have a great weekend and if you ever need cake you know where to find me, the caker.


3 comments:

  1. Love the cupcakes! Ok, you've got me curious about homemade fondant....gonna have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this recipe http://cakecentral.com/recipe/Michele-Fosters-Updated-Fondant
      it is rather intensive to make but totally worth the effort. The results are superb. I have toyed with marshmallow based fondant and had a hard time working with it.

      Delete
  2. i love those desings.. ;)
    looks so yummy..

    camper trailers

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.....